The heat is rising and I love it… yes, I like my weather hot. What can I say? must be my tropical genes. Here is a tasty treat to help you stay cool.
Raw food helps me cooling down internal heat. So, always looking to expand my repertoire of raw food recipes. This one is inspired on a recipe by the minimalist baker. The crust is inspired from a recipe of damy health for the proportions.
Side benefit of making raw food,it is safe for children to make!
- 1/2 cup of organic ground raw almonds
- 1/2 cup of organic shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup of organic raw cashews (Soak in water for 2 – 4 hrs)
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/2 cup lime juice (2-3 limes)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- In a medium bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
- Add the coconut oil and maple syrup. Mix with your fingers until getting tiny balls. When is grainy, press down into a pie mold.
- Put into the freezer while you prepare the filling.
- To melt the coconut oil, put it in a glass jar with lid. Place it in a bowl with hot water from the tap.
- Rinse the cashews well and drain.
- Put all the ingredients in your Vitamix or similar and blend until the consistency is smooth.
- Pour in the pie mold over the crust. Sprinkle a bit of fresh lime zest on top for decorating.
- Freeze for 1 or 2 hours to set. Then move to your fridge 1 or 2 hours before serving.
- Cut a piece and enjoy!.
Important! Don’t soak the cashews longer… after 4 hours, they start sprouting and trust me you don’t want to eat them then. If you forget to soak the cashews in advance, just do it first before starting the recipe.
If you find key limes go nuts, good limes tates great for me.
I double this recipe when I make it for a large dinner group.